The DICOTA Young Leader Scholarship is designed to award Tanzanians studying in the U.S. for their academic and leadership achievements. This program provides educational opportunities to promising young Tanzanian leaders committed to serving their communities and country.
The scholarship award is $1000 (2 available)
- Be a full-time college student for the 2020-2021 academic year,
- Be enrolled at a recognized 4-year college or university located in the U.S.,
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher,
- Have clearly demonstrated leadership skills,
- Applicants DO NOT need to be members of DICOTA, and
- Open to all majors.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the DICOTA Scholarship Selection Committee. This committee is comprised of university level administrators, corporate recruiters, and leaders from the communities in which DICOTA operates.
DICOTA will make payments directly to the designated school. Payments are not transferable to other academic institutions.
All questions regarding scholarship eligibility and administration should be directed to the Scholarship Selection Committee
DICOTA reserves the right to verify all of the information included in the application. In the event that there is a discrepancy or information is found to be false the application will immediately be declared invalid and the applicant ineligible.
Note: DICOTA leaders and their dependents are not eligible to apply**