Learn more about DICOTA’s previous sponsors and their unique programs, products and services designed to support the Diaspora (Tanzanians living abroad).
“Save at home while abroad”
Tanzanite Account is a savings account designed for non-resident Tanzanians (Tanzanians living abroad). The Tanzanian Missions abroad acts as agents of processing account opening by certifying documents. With this account, you will enjoy services from home as if you are home. It’s the ultimate solution to Diaspora banking and enables you to get on with life as if you are home.
With the Tanzanite account you will enjoy:
- The convenience to save at home while abroad
- Access to fund withdraws through use of a TemboCard Visa at all ATMs accepting Visa cards.
- Freedom to save in all major currencies
- Access of your account at any of your nearest CRDB Bank branch
- Internet banking services
- Quick fund transfers
- Free transfers of funds within CRDB Bank branches.
- Free TemboCard Visa
- Free statement of account
- Free cheque book
- Competitive interest rates
- Dedicated Relationship managers
NSSF was established by the Act of Parliament No. 28 of 1997 to replace the defunct National Provident Fund (NPF). NSSF is a compulsory scheme providing a wider range of benefits which are based on internationally accepted standards.
NSSF has now ventured into extending its services to Tanzanians living abroad through special Diaspora coverage scheme called Welfare Scheme for Tanzanians in the Diaspora – WESTADI
Aimed to cover all Tanzanians living abroad ( Including Students ) and 4 dependents selected by the insured person for Social Health Insurance Benefits (SHIB) in Tanzania
Payment of prescribed premium of USD 300 per person per annum
- Health Benefits in Tanzania for 4 Dependents
- Repatriation ◦Transfer of deceased body to Tanzania
- Cost of return ticket to one accompanying person
- Burial services for an insured person who opts to be buried in Diaspora respective country
The main objective of health benefit is to reduce a burden to Diaspora members of sending more money to cater for health expenses to their relatives back home
- Health benefit covers insured person while in Tanzania and their four dependents left at home.
- Health benefit includes both outpatient and inpatient medical services
- The left home dependants will be treated through Capitation mode of payment while the Insured person will use fee per visit mode of payment when visits Tanzania.
- Repatriation Services